Wednesday 28 December 2016

Yellow Apron, Sect 13 PJ

Date of visit : 24 December 2016

It's Christmas Eve and we were cracking our heads for a place that serves good food but not overly congested and fairly priced to have a peaceful family dinner. After much thought, my sister decided to recommend the Yellow Apron in Section 13, PJ. Since it was a rainy evening, I didn't get to take my own photo of the premise, so I had to borrow one.


It was spacious, not crowded and with great ambience. The staff was very friendly as they were full of smiles and kept checking with us if everything was alright. Most of their selection on their menu comes with an option for a smaller portion at a slightly lower price. It was very thoughtful of them to have that kind of option especially for the small eaters and for those wanting to try different dishes at the same time.

Now let's see what we had...


Since I have a soft spot for salted egg, I chose The Lip-Smacking Salted Egg Seafood Spaghetti Carbonara (that's what they called it on their menu). It was delicious and the taste of the salted egg was not too overwhelming. The anchovies for me was a good addition to this dish.


And this is what they call a Mademoiselle Melca's Chicken Adobo. It's a classic Filipino dish and it's worth trying.


Wait till you hear the name for this dish... The Classic Not Classic Tagliatelle Lamb Sausage Bolognese. It was alright but the taste of the bolognese was a bit too sour for me.


Next would be The Fantastically Fusion Fried Chicken Burger. It was completed with a touch of sambal belacan to make the burger a bit more Asian and a very generous portion of home made potato chips.


And this is The Dua Dua Beef Burger. I didn't get to taste it so I can't comment much on this. But since my sister did not complain about it, I guess it was acceptable.


Let me present to you the Musang King Pie. Since I'm not a fan of processed durian, my Brother In-Law told me that this was a really awesome durian pie. Maybe the durian lovers out there should give it a try.

Another plus point for this place is that it is spacious enough to cater for private and corporate events. Do check it out and let me know what you think about this place and what you would recommend differently.

OUR RATING
Ambience : 4.5/5
Service : 5/5
Food Quality : 3.5/5 (It's good but not awesome)
Value for Money : 3.5/5 (The choice for a cheaper smaller portion was a good idea though)
Status : Pork Free
Will we go back for more : Yes. It deserves a second visit.

Other information:
Address : No 3 Jalan 13/6, Petaling Jaya
Contact No. : 03-7931 2077
Business Hours : 11.30am - 10pm (Mon-Sat) / 10.30am - 10pm (Sun)
Transaction : Cash & Credit Card

No comments:

Post a Comment