Saturday 30 September 2017

Kopitiam Kita, Kota Bharu

Date Visited : 29 September 2017

This is my favourite breakfast place in Kota Bharu. Whenever I'm in Kota Bharu, I MUST have my breakfast here. This place is called Kopitiam Kita.


This place is constantly packed with locals and I've never once seen this place even half empty.



The reason why I love this place so much is that you can choose from a wide selection of local Kelantan food such as Nasi Tumpang, Nasi Dagang, Nasi Kerabu, Nasi Lemak and many more.





All these food you see readily packed and grouped into different baskets are actually from different suppliers from various parts of Kelantan. This place serves as a platform to promote and sell their specialty dishes.

My selection for today are Nasi Berlauk Ikan Tumpat, Nasi Kapit Sambal and Nasi Tumpang Kubang Pasu.

Each packet is like a surprise present to me because I don't know how each packet would look and taste like. But until today, I've never been disappointed with my choices. 


The one at the top of the photo, served on a banana leaf is Nasi Kapit Sambal. The square shaped rice is like nasi impit and it's served with a dry type of sambal. The sambal is sweet, salty and spicy in taste and it's really delicious when eaten together with the rice.

The one at the bottom of the photo, served in brown paper packing is the Nasi Berlauk Ikan Tumpat. I don't think it's the name of the fish, I think this rice is from a town in Kelantan called Tumpat. Like I said... every packet I chose is a surprise to me because I just picked them up in random and based on gut feel.


Now this cone shaped rice is called Nasi Tumpang Kubang Pasu. Nasi Tumpang is rice with different layer of dishes wrapped in a cone shape with banana leaf. 

And now for the main highlight of this place... it's a toast bread dish called Roti Titab.


It's toasted bread served with their own homemade kaya and half boiled egg. Even if you don't prefer runny egg yolks, you should try this. The combination is OUT OF THIS WORLD!

This dish is so delicious and popular that they decided to trademark the name, Roti Titab.


And this is their bread served in many other ways...


If you ever have a chance to go to Kota Bharu, you have to make it a compulsory to come here at least once. The Roti Titab is a must and the rest is up to you to try.

OUR RATING
Ambience : 4/5 
Service : 4/5
Food Quality : 5/5
Price Range : $
Status : Halal

Other information:
Address : 4357-A Taman Desa Jaya Jalan Pengkalan Chepa, 15400 Kota Bharu, Kelantan
Contact No. : 019-981 0888 / 018-987 0888 / 012-987 0888 / 010-910 0001
Business Hours : 6.00am - 2.00pm (Saturday - Thursday) / 6.00am - 12.30pm (Friday)
Transaction : Cash only

No comments:

Post a Comment