Tuesday 28 March 2017

Lai Foong Beef Noodle, Puchong

Date visited : 18 March 2017

There are 3 types of beef noodles that I know of... the soupy kind, the dry and sticky kind (Seremban style) and the Kota Bharu style kind. This one's the soupy kind (you can also have it dry if you want).

This beef noodle stall started its business in Lai Foong Restaurant, KL in 1956 and has been serving delicious beef noodles to many customers since then. And that would make a total 61 years of goodness this year.


My parents used to bring us there for breakfast when we were kids and that was back in the days when the KL traffic condition was not as crazy. But I don't go there anymore not because it's not good but I really don't like the KL traffic condition and parking problems in this area. However, my father still goes to this coffee shop every time he takes the public transport down to KL to run some errands.

Recently I was informed by my father that they now have a branch in Puchong. So I took the opportunity to go reminisce the taste that I've known since my childhood.


And here it is... the famous Lai Foong Beef Noodle! The soup is a mixture of more than 10 kinds of medicinal herbs with addition of a secret recipe using the ox bone making it thick and flavourful.


There are 4 types of noodles for you to choose from, mee hoon, mee, kuey teow and lai fun. You could also choose your preferred combination of ingredients... beef ball, lean meat, brisket, tripe, tendon or leaf tripe. If you prefer to add a bit more spice to your noodles, you will love their homemade chilli sauce.

To me this is the best soupy beef noodle in KL. If you are a beef noodle lover, why not give it a try and tell me what you think.

Other information:
Address : 5-1, Jalan Kenari 18b, Bandar Puchong Jaya, 47100 Puchong, Selangor
Business Hours : 9am - 6pm (Closed on Mondays)
Transaction : Cash Only

No comments:

Post a Comment