Thursday 20 April 2017

Tae Yang Korean BBQ, Puchong

Date Visited : 15 April 2017

Puchong is known to be a food heaven for most people and this has also made the food business here very competitive. Residents of Puchong have very picky taste buds. They will always give a newly opened restaurant a first try but if the food is no good, you will never see them again.

Recently I've noticed a new Korean restaurant in Bandar Puteri, Puchong called Tae Yang Korean BBQ. Since I'm a lover of Korean food, I do have a favourite go to restaurant, which I'll be sharing with you when I have more photos,  for my usual Korean craving. I was at home on a Saturday, tired and in need for some simple Korean food fix... so I decided to give this new place a try.


I arrived at about 6.45pm for dinner and this place was already packed and I had to put my name in the waiting list. Luckily I didn't have to wait for too long as I was already seated by 7pm.


I decided to order the basics because if they can't get the basics right, we can forget about the fancy stuff.

Let's start with the banchan first. The variety was reasonable and 4 out of 5 of these dishes were okay. The egg roll was not that great for me because it was cold and a bit hard.


I ordered a Pork Dolsot Bimbibap and Pork Kimchi Jiggae.

The ingredients in the Bimbibap was fresh and the added pork meat makes it delicious.



The Kimchi Jiggae here is not too strong and I think can be accepted by many people as it was not too spicy and has the right level of sourness. It was acceptable to my taste buds for that day as I was looking for something simple.


This is their version of the Yukgaejang. The portion is huge and might be even enough for 3 person to share.

Their version is not too bad but if compared to my favourite place, it's still a bit lacking in terms of flavour.

And for something non spicy, this is the Kal Guksu. It's a Korean noodle dish consisting of handmade, knife-cut wheat flour noodles served in a large bowl with broth.


It's not something I will usually order in a Korean restaurant but it's not bad. If you don't prefer a spicy dish with a strong Korean taste, you can definitely give this a try.

After tasting the basics, I might want to return to try the BBQ stuff. This could be my near to home, quick fix for my Korean cravings.

OUR RATING
Ambience : 4/5
Service : 4/5
Food Quality : 3.5/5
Price Range : $$
Status : Non Halal
Will we go back for more : Yes.

Other information:
Address : 72, Jalan Puteri 2/4, Bandar Puteri, Puchong
Contact No. : 012-300 5735
Business Hours : 12.00pm-3.00pm / 5.30pm-10.00pm (Daily)
Transaction : Cash & Credit Card

No comments:

Post a Comment