Monday 12 February 2018

Doma, Mont Kiara

Date visited : 28 January 2018

It was one of those days where we couldn't decide on what to eat and I decided to try out a new place recommended to me.


I passed by this area so many times and I didn't even realize this place being here. 

Doma is a modern Korean restaurant that serves Korean food with a twist and some Western food with a Korean twist.

Pineapple Juice
Sikhye
This my favourite Korean drink... sikhye. Sikhye is a traditional sweet Korean rice drink. This is the best one so far served in a can.

Korean food is never complete without banchan. So even though it is a modern restaurant, banchan is definitely a must.


Everything looked interesting in the menu and since there were 4 of us, we each chose a dish.


This is the Spicy Pork Slice Rice with cabbage, carrot, paprika and chili sauce. It is very tasty and it is served with a very generous portion of spicy pork slices.


This is the Crab Meat Fried Rice. It looks rather pretty when served because the tuna flakes spread all over the fried rice seems to be dancing gracefully.


Next is the Spicy Chicken Rice. This is somewhat similar to the Spicy Pork Slice Rice just with a different meat.


This is one dish that I don't always see in a menu of the usual Korean restaurant...Wok Fried Baby Octopus Rice. It is interestingly delicious.

Now the main reason of our visit here is because of their signature dish, their fried chicken called Doma's KFC.


It comes in 4 flavours, original, honey soy, hot spicy and sweet chili. We ordered the sweet chili flavour because it came highly recommended by the staff.


It was crispy on the outside but still juicy and tender on the inside. The white cube pieces you see in the center are actually pickled radish.

We also ordered 3 items from the Korean BBQ selection...

Fresh Pork Belly
Gochujang Marinade Pork Belly & Spicy Baby Octopus
Maybe because we requested for them to be barbecued for us, when it was served, it has cooled down a little. So this was a bit of a let down for me as it did not taste as good as it looked.

By the time we finished all our food, I was so full that I thought my stomach would explode anytime. It was disappointing though because I have no space left in my stomach to try their bingsu. Their bingsu looked awesome on their menu.

I guess the bingsu will have to wait for me to come back next time.

OUR RATING
Ambience : 4/5 
Service : 4/5
Food Quality : 3.5/5
Price Range : $$
Status : Non-Halal

Other information:
Address : Unit No. 15-0-1E, Ground Floor New Wing @ Mont Kiara Shoplex, Jalan Kiara, Mont Kiara
Contact No. : 012-490 7928
Business Hours : 10am - 12am (Sunday-Thursday) / 10am - 12am (Friday-Saturday) 
Transaction : Credit cash & Cash

No comments:

Post a Comment