Saturday 14 April 2018

Banh Mi Cafe, Bandar Puteri Puchong

Date visited : 8 April 2018

This place has been in my neighbourhood for a long time now. I was googling for good food in Puchong some time back and this place came up. I drove there just to have a look but when I got there, I changed my mind. So at that time I left it as that.

Recently this place came highly recommended on FB and my sister even shared it to me. So since I was nearby on a Sunday afternoon, I thought it was time for me to give it a try.


By the time I got here, it was packed with locals, mainly families, as well as Vietnamese. Once I step into the restaurant, I felt like I'm in a local restaurant in Vietnam. It is not like one of those fancy Vietnamese restaurants, it is a cozy family restaurant that serves casual Vietnamese food.

When we talk about Vietnamese cuisine, the first thing that comes to my mind is...


The Vietnamese Beef Noodle Soup. The taste of this beef noodle is quite similar to the ones I had in Vietnam. It is not adjusted in anyway to our local palates and that makes it delicious and very authentic.

Before we had our mains, we ordered two popular Vietnamese snacks.


This is the fresh Prawn Spring Roll. You can also choose to have it with pork instead of prawn. The dipping sauce was a tasty compliment to the spring rolls.


Another one of our favourite are the Fried Spring Rolls. From the looks of it, you might think that the skin is thick but when you take a bite into it, you'll soon find that it is actually not. It tastes as good as the yummy ones I had in Vietnam.


For my main, I ordered the Vermicelli Bowl Grill Pork & Spring Roll with Fish Sauce. This dish is quite delicious. From the picture it may look like a dry dish but it is not. The fish sauce moist the vermicelli enough and taste really good eaten together with the grilled pork and spring rolls.


This is not a dish that I usually find in a Vietnamese restaurant... Sizzling Beef Steak with Baguette. If you have a hearty appetite, this may be a choice you might want to consider.


Another nice choice was the Crispy Chicken Wings in sweet and spicy fish sauce. However, I would have liked it more with lesser onions.


We saw this on the menu and decided to order the Grilled Prawn for trying. Now this turn out to be a bit of a let down because it was too dry for my liking.

That's all we had during this visit and I may come back to try their Bahn Mi, a Vietnamese style baguette. If you're looking for some casual Vietnamese food in Puchong that's not too expensive, you may want to give this place a try.


OUR RATING
Ambience : 3.5/5 
Service : 3/5
Food Quality : 3.5/5
Price Range : $
Status : Non-Halal

Other information:
Address : 1 Jalan Puteri 7/10, Bandar Puteri Puchong, 47100 Puchong
Contact No. : 03-8060 0127
Business Hours : 10.30am - 10pm (Daily)
Transaction : Cash
Links : https://www.facebook.com/banhmikl/

No comments:

Post a Comment