Sunday 1 April 2018

Pim's & The Rama, Aman Suria PJ

Date visited : 1 April 2018

A friend of mine who has been following my fantastic food quest, recommended this place to me with a money back guarantee. Since I was nearby for a movie and was with the right company, I decided to go to this place for an early dinner.

It has been ages since I've been to this part of PJ and this place is pretty new in this neighborhood, just about 7 months old. Pim's & The Rama... a Thai restaurant AND a bar.


Before we go to our main highlights, let's order some drinks first...


Uniquely Thai drinks... Chang beer, Thai royal milk tea and coconut shake. Nice!

Let's move on to the food section.

On the front page of their menu was their signature Tom Yum Pot. 


Just by reading the items included in this Tom Yum Pot will make you salivate. However, I decided to save this for my next visit if their regular dishes are good. So I went for the usual Thai dishes.

First and foremost, the Pim's Signature Tom Yum Seafood.


At first I was afraid that it might turn out to be one of those overly spicy kind of tom yum soup that might spoil my taste buds for the other dishes. But it turn out to be just the right balance of spicy and sour. The prawns in this soup was fresh and the portion was just right for 4 pax.

Then we also ordered their Chef's Green Curry Chicken.


This is one tasty pot of Thai green curry. It has a strong yet pleasant aroma and the thickness of the curry is just nice. It also comes in 2 other variant, seafood or beef.

For our first visit to a Thai restaurant, we will usually include at least a serving of Pineapple Fried Rice.


Even though it was served on a plate and not in a pineapple shell, the flavour of this Pineapple Fried Rice is way better than many of those served in one. The added chunks of pineapple, raisins and cashew nuts made this fried rice bursting with flavours. Even when eaten with the green curry, it still taste as good without being overpowered by the flavour from the green curry.

Next is the Pandan Chicken.


It is well cooked... not too dry and in good size. I like the size of this Pandan Chicken because it's not too big. If it's any bigger, I may be too stuffed to try out other dishes.

Other than the Pandan Chicken, I also ordered a serving of the Rama's Donut Prawn. It was highly recommended by their reviewers on Facebook so I too wanted to see if it was worth the hype.


It is definitely worth the hype. I love how it is not too oily and I could taste generous portions of prawn meat in every bite. 

The next is one of my favourite Thai dish... Steamed Sotong with Chilli & Lime Soup.


I almost left this dish out because of all the other dishes I've ordered and I was afraid it was too much for 4 of us to finish. But for the sake of this review, I decided to order this at the very last minute and I'm glad I did!

The sour and slightly spicy taste of the soup makes it very appetizing. You have to try this yourself to appreciate this dish.

Other than the above dishes, we also ordered a vegetable and an omelette dish.



At this point, I'm already quite full. But I had to make space for my favourite Thai dessert... Red Ruby.


Now my Thai meal is complete with full satisfaction. Every dish was tasty and complimented each other, from the drinks right up to the dessert. I HIGHLY recommend this place 👍👍

I also want to give a big shout out to the staff here for great service rendered.

I will definitely come back with more people and for the Tom Yum Pot.

Now I have to give my friend a treat for recommending such a great place for Thai food.

OUR RATING
Ambience : 4/5 
Service : 4.5/5
Food Quality : 4.5/5
Price Range : $$
Status : Non-Halal

Other information:
Address : 22 & 22A Jalan PJU 1/43, Aman Suria Damansara, 47301 Petaling Jaya
Contact No. : 03-7802 8386
Business Hours : 11.45am - 11pm (Sunday-Thursday) / 11.45am - 1am (Friday-Saturday)
Transaction : Credit cash & Cash
Links : https://www.facebook.com/pimsramathai/

No comments:

Post a Comment