Saturday 14 April 2018

Skive, Bangsar

Date visited : 13 April 2018

Let me introduce you to the new kid on the Bangsar block... they are called Skive.


If you're wondering where exactly in Bangsar, it's located right opposite Bangsar Village II,beside Nirwana, at the same spot where Tous Le Jours was previously. They just had their soft launch on 10 April 2018.

I was there for lunch with my colleagues because we were so tempted with their mouth-watering food photos shown on their FB page.

From the time I stepped into the restaurant, I was greeted with one of my favourite sights... freshly baked bread and pastries!


As I was walking further in to get a table, I can't help but to feast my eyes on their beautiful cakes on display.


Once we were seated, we focused on more serious matters... what to order for lunch!

While we were busy deciding what to order, we were recommended these old school drinks...


These are called Long Chan's soda. We were told that these were way before Fanta drinks showed up... maybe during my parent's younger days. It's not very gassy and it tastes really good.


I also ordered the Pink Basil Lemonade. It's very refreshing and would be a great choice for a hot day.

Now let's get on with the food.

My colleague fell in love with the photo of this dish even before we came here...


The Big Mexican Breakfast. Their shakshouka consists of beans, capsicums, mushrooms, 3 eggs, potatoes, cherry tomatoes and a chicken chorizo sausage served with salad and a croissant. When the croissant is eaten together with the shakshouka, it tastes amazing! If you are an egg lover like my colleague, you would definitely love this dish.


This dish is called the Lamb Mysore Soldiers. The lamb is so soft and tender. Don't get intimidated by the sight of it because it's not spicy as you might thought it would be. I even thought it would be great if eaten with tosai or even chapati.


Next is the Sourdough Tacos - BBQ Thai Chicken. This would be a great choice if you're looking for a lighter dish.


This is also one of their recommended dishes, the Jerk Cured Salmon served on a german black sourdough, avocado swirls and mango salsa. The ingredients complimented each other so well that every bite is a wonderful surprise of flavours.


I was contemplating for so long whether I should order this dish because the photo of this dish spoke to me the most but because of its price, I hesitated. But for the love of good food, I finally decided to order it... the Lychee Duck Curry.

It is served with cous cous, grilled aubergine and grilled sweet corn. The duck meat is so soft and tasty. Eaten together with the curry and cous cous, it tastes amazing! I have no regrets about ordering this dish.

Last but not least, our dessert...


We shared a slice of freshly baked Lemon Chia Seed Cake and a Almond Suji cupcake. When I took a bite of the Lemon Chia Seed Cake... it was OH MY GOD!! It tastes SO GOOD that I almost died. The Almond Suji cupcake was good too.


I wish I had more space in my stomach for their own made ice-cream but thanks to their friendly staff, we were able to sample a few of them. I tried 3 flavours, the Soybean, Ginger and Caramelised Yew Tiao, the White Chocolate and Salted Pecans and the Durian Avacado.

The Soybean, Ginger and Caramelised Yew Tiao was like an ice-cream version of soya bean curd with Chinese oil stick. The White Chocolate and Salted Pecans was the first white chocolate ice-cream that I've tasted and the salted pecans complimented it so well. And finally the Durian Avacado. I usually don't eat durian in any other form other than the fruit itself. But this ice-cream made me felt like I was eating the fruit itself.

This was the most awesome lunch I've had on a weekday and I had to come back for more on a weekend.


OUR RATING
Ambience : 4/5 
Service : 4.5/5
Food Quality : 4.5/5
Price Range : $$
Status : Pork Free

Other information:
Address : Shop 1 Ground Floor, Telawi Square, No 41 Jalan Telawi 3, Bangsar Baru, Kuala Lumpur.
Business Hours : 9am - 9pm (Monday-Friday) / 7am - 9pm (Saturday & Sunday)
Transaction : Cash (for now coz the Credit Card facility is not ready)
Links : https://www.facebook.com/Skive-Bangsar-1901029370152369/

No comments:

Post a Comment